Washington County commissioners can approve a letter to Mayor Tom Hays and Dewey City Council when they meet again.
Chairman Mitch Antle has said in recent weeks that they want to respond appropriately to a letter read by Mayor Hays in March that called out the county for neglecting the Washington County Fairgrounds in Dewey. Antle said the plan was to respond to questions posed in the city’s letter. He said he consulted legal counsel to ensure he was not exaggerating in his response.
The letter from the town of Dewey was written in strong opposition to the proposed Green Country Expo Center, which voters could receive for approval this summer. The city fears it will eventually replace the historic Dewey Fairgrounds site.
Washington County Commissioners will meet Monday, April 11 at 9:30 a.m. on the second floor of the Administration Building, located at 400 S. Johnstone Avenue.
As noted on the agenda, the commissioners also plan to conduct their annual inspection of the Washington County Correctional Facility in accordance with Oklahoma state law. It is scheduled to take place at 9:45 a.m. at the jail, located at 611 SW Adams Boulevard in Bartlesville.
Once the prison tour is over, the commissioners will return to cover a wide range of topics. Items listed for consideration are:
- Letter to Annette Smith re requesting/receiving agents.
- Letter to Ms Shannon Adcock re Free Fair Board.
- Letter to Mr. Trevor Dorsey regarding his reappointment to the Washington County Public Facilities Authority for a one-year term.
- Addendum to Real Estate Sales Agreement, submitted by Melissa Lindgren with Washington County Emergency Management.
- In-Sight contracts between Insight Public Sector, Inc. and Washington County.
- Washington County District Donation Resolution 2.
- Resolution regarding the donation to the Washington County Fire Department of Phillips Petroleum.
- Resolution regarding the Treasurer’s Gap, Miscellaneous Treasurer and Treasurer General Official Deposit Accounts.
- Washington County Elections Committee Secretary Salary and Benefits Application for March 2022.
For the full agenda, Click here.