Purpose of the position
At the heart of this body of work will be the provision of technical expertise for the recording, audio editing/sound design of Jide Ka I Ji radio drama. The desired candidate will also work closely with the SBC Officer of BA-N in Ebonyi State, to build the capacity of selected studio engineers from EBBC and EBSU Radio to be able to record, edit and design a radio drama using Jide Ka I Ji as a training tool.
Provide technical leadership during the pre-production, production and post-production phases of Jide Ka I Ji Radio drama
- Lead a team of other sound engineers/designers to set up and remove locations/drama before and after each recording.
- Oversee the management of recording equipment, including but not limited to computers, microphones, recorders, cables, etc.
- Supervise the sound design of episodes of Jide Ka I Ji Radio drama and accompanying promotional spots
- Strengthen the capacity of partner media sound engineers to be able to record, edit and design a radio drama
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Previous experience producing and sound designing a location-based, multi-character, multi-strand radio or television drama.
- Good knowledge of indoor and outdoor sound recording
- Ability to manage crowd scenes in a dramatic setting
- Solid knowledge of radio drama sound design
- Ability to work effectively under a demanding schedule and tight deadlines.
- Mentoring, training and capacity building.
- Previous experience working in a development context.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work effectively with a wide range of people
- The ability to communicate fluently in the Igbo language will be an added advantage.
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
3 months (June – August 2022)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF copy to: [email protected] using the title and location of the consultation (eg Consultant – Radio Drama Sound Engineer, Ebonyi) as the subject of the email.